The beauteous Rach (newcarinauthorbookoutinDecemberbuyitbuyitBUYIT!!!) has nominated me for a blog award that means I have to reveal seven random facts about myself. Okay, so here goes:
1. I am a romance writer. Yes, shocking and you totally didn’t know it right? Unpublished still but not unhopeful.
2. I have hereditary deafness and as I’m getting sick of being the old lady in the corner cupping her ear and saying ‘eh?’, have decided I need hearing aids. I don’t want them. The thought makes me feel 81 not 41 but I think they’ll help. AND they have bluetooth which means I can listen to my iPod without needing earbuds and use my mobile handsfree. From there I shall slowly replace body parts until I’m cyborg enough to assimilate the rest of the world. Mwwwaaahahaha!
3. Many, many moons ago when I was young and dumb, I had an argument with Dr Jax and hit him on the arm. Not hard I may add, but it was enough to break my arm. Yep, drama queen, that’s me.
4. I may have mentioned this before but it’s worth repeating. I got engaged in Prague, on the banks of the river, with a guy playing ‘Autumn Leaves’ on the saxophone just a couple of park benches away. It was magical. Dr Jax then rang my father to get his permission to marry me. My father was slightly bewildered. 🙂
5. My 23rd birthday was celebrated in St Petersburg during the White Nights. Much vodka was consumed.
6. I have never eaten tripe and have no plans to ever do so.
7. When my best friend and I began writing romances at the age of fifteen, our heroes HAD to have titles and the stories HAD to be set in ancestral mansions. I blame watching too much Brideshead Revisited.
And now I have to nominate ten people but since everyone has already been nominated, I’m going to do something different and get anyone who wants to, to put a random fact about yourself in the comments instead!