Okay, so here I am, still waiting. No drama though. In many ways still waiting is good. Everything is still a possibility, nothing has been rejected. Yet. Groan. My only problem is feeling sick every morning as the Inbox of Doom fills up with emails.
Anyway, in order to help the NTAI along a little, I’ve been working on a couple of entries for a contest run by the RWNZ. It’s a specifically category contest which is why I’m entering. Got my stories sorted bar some minor editing, just have the minor detail of the synopses to go. Did I mention how much I hate writing these? Yes? Well, I’m going to say it again mainly for venting purposes – I HATE synopses. Right. Will shut up about it now.
After these entries have been posted I then will have to think about which wip is the next wip. I’m leaving the Frenchman to simmer for a while before editing so in the meantime I shall have to press on with something else. And I think – seeing as how I’ve finally got the conflict sorted – it shall be Kate and Alex, my Feel the Heat entry. After so long, it’s about time eh? And actually, quite looking forward to it since they’re turning out to be one hot couple – I love it when they fight. 😉
More on that anon, but first I need to annouce that I have been nominated for the 5-5-5 tag by the lovely Suzanne Jones. Thanks Suzanne! This is: 5 questions, 5 answers, 5 blogs to tag.
So here goes:
Question 1: Where were you five years ago?
1. I was a librarian in a university library.
2. Had only one child (not even thinking of number 2!).
3. Was trying and failing to write the great New Zealand novel because I was too busy writing romance stories instead. 😉
4. Thought that internal conflict was something you got after eating too much chocolate.
5. Never dreamed I’d even get close to getting published.
Question 2: What is (was) on your to do list today?
1. Finish my competition synopses – fail.
2. Put away my supermarket shopping – fail.
3. Clean up my bedroom – fail.
4. Tidy my study – fail.
5. Get totally involved with my new wip to the detriment of everything else – success!
Question 3: What five snacks do you enjoy?
1. Coffee. Yes, it does count as a snack!
2. Dark chocolate.
5. Chocolate martinis. What? They also count as a snack. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Question 4: What five places have you lived in?
3. Chiswick (London).
4. Golders Green (London).
5. Romancelandia (where I still live in my head).
Question 5: What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. Seduce my virgin secretary.
2. Keep a string of racehorses/polo ponies.
3. Buy vast mansions in London, Paris and New York.
4. Make secretive large charitable donations.
5. Claw my way up from a poverty stricken background, make shed-loads of money on the stock exchange and finally wreck my terrible revenge on those who wronged me.
Nominating 5 bloggers: Argh, I always hate this part. All the blogs I check out are cool but CPs get first dibs.