1. Twiddle thumbs and whistle tunelessly while surfing around aimlessly on the interweb.
2. Check email for the 50 millionth time.
3. Post pointless comments on other people’s blogs.
4. Finally get to your WIP then waste time trying to think of titles for it. So far – being crap at titles – I have gone for the joke option (you never get to choose your own titles anyway). Option 1: It Started With a Panic Attack. Option 2: The Venture Capitalist’s Backpacker Mistress.
5. Critique other people’s manuscripts. This is the perfect time, people. If you have a Modern Heat burning a hole in your PC and need a crit partner, I am currently not doing anything. 😉
6. Eat more chocolate and have another coffee.
7. Wonder if you should go for a walk and then decide not to ’cause it’s too hot. Summer in Auckland is far too hot for anything strenuous.
8. Check to make sure Hell hasn’t frozen over. No. Good.
9. Wonder if you should post a poll on your blog – Revisions first or chapter up on I Hearts first?
10. Plan the next blog post, determining not to mention revisions again because you’re in danger of becoming a revisions-bore.
11. Return to number 1. Yes, the numbers do go up to 11 (for those who have seen Spinal Tap).