Yes, I have heard back from M&B. It was a lovely email letting me know that there has been a delay and that I’ll get my feedback within a fortnight. Sigh. It’s very nice of them to let me know this – they certainly didn’t have to send me anything at all – so I’m very grateful for the heads up.
But I admit to feeling a tad…tortured! The email only mentioned ‘feedback’ so I have to say I’m expecting the worst. This may seem premature and fatalistic but at this point that’s how I feel. I was wondering if they can’t just give me a hint – rejection or revisions! But I assume they can’t tell me anything more because no one has made an official decision yet. Until the ‘second opinion’ has let the editorial assistant know the verdict, she can’t say anything either way. Which is only my assumption of course, not knowing how these work, but I guess that’s the reason. And I understand. I wouldn’t want to be told ‘yes, you’re having revisions’, only for her to come back and say, ‘scrub what I told you, the official word is no’.
So,I shouldn’t assume what they’ll tell me because I don’t really know. I guess I’m doing what I always do – assuming the worst so I won’t be disappointed. This, by the way, never works! I should also resume my NTAI which I have to admit, is getting very hard. But forgetting about it is clearly the way to go. If only I could! 🙂
Anyway, given the delay, I have emailed the editorial assistant to ask if it’s appropriate for me to pitch another ms at our conference. I’m hoping she’ll get back to me because I don’t want to take up a slot if I don’t need it.
Okay, that’s my news. Anyone got anything good to share? I need some good news today. 🙂